BSC club notice - flag officers and committee roles. Would you like to contribute to Bartley SC future success?
You may be aware that at Bartley Sailing Club annual AGM we vote to accept nominations for committee & flag officer roles to act on behalf of members in order that activities and actions are taken in the successful running of the centre.
Could you contribute to Bartley SC future success by joining the team for the coming 2018 season. Whilst there are a number of posted positions such as Commodore, Vice & Rear Commodore along with Sailing Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer, we do have a number of people who actively support the committee, such as :- Safety boat, Bosun, Dutyman/boat park, Training and Club management.
We are always keen to welcome new members to support the clubs development and contribute to helping us all achieve “Midlands Premier Status” and financial stability necessary to continue long into the future.
Our membership have a wealth of experience and skills available, when someone steps forward to offer assistance it’s amazing how much more can be achieved along with fresh ideas, (great example is our Bosun Dan Earthquake).
BSC needs members to take ownership of activities and “get more involved”. However infrequent, we need to ensure new ideas are considered and that we don’t just rely on the norm or that someone else will do it syndrome…
Whether it’s just the occasional input of time you can offer or something more specific we are looking forward to hearing from you.
BSC have a number of projects running
- Club house improvements and upgrade of facilities
- Boat Park continuation of keeping it tidy and reflecting a professional image
- Sailing and other sporting activities, ongoing promoting improvement in water activities
- Supporting our Bosun with his wonderful efforts to maintain the rescue cover
- Helping with adult and junior sailing Training (inc K20)
- Administration support
- Marketing support and media web advice
- Off water social arrangements, currently an area where we could all benefit from
Please can you consider what you could offer your fellow members and step forward to either Guy or myself …..
YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU!!
Bartley SC - Chairman of Sailing Committee
Mobile: 079 20020036